Aviation Cable Adapters for XLR-5 Headsets
Convert the connectors of headsets with a the 5-Pin XLR-5 connector to be used in aircraft with other connectors types. Adapters are especially useful if you are flying multiple aircraft with varying connector styles.
- 2-Plug (will not power headsets requiring panel power)*
- U-174/U (no impedance matching, headset and panel must match)***
- LEMO (will pass panel power)**
- NeutriCON (will pass panel power)**
* Headsets with Active Noise Reduction (ANR) technology must have an integrated battery in the headset. An ANR headset that does not have an integrated battery requires panel power.
** Aircraft must be equipped to provide power through the headset jack.
*** Both the headset and aircraft must be using the same impedance microphone. High-impedance is common in most commercial and civil aviation. Low-impedance is common in military and some civilian helicopters.